About Yoga Certification Board Logo
The Yoga Certification Board logo represents basic elements of internal purification for realising universal self through spiritual practices. The logo is designed on a white background representing the transcendental state and that can be attained with the practice of Ashtang Yoga and that leads to Samadhi. Here the eight leaves represent ‘eight limbs’ of Ashtang Yoga which is guided to a meaningful and purposeful life .
It has seven colour which represents Aura and Energy as healing elements.
The green colour symbolizes the Yama(Restraints)& Niyama(observance) which are present at the bottom of the logo. These are the foundation of the spiritual path which helps to transform human nature into a divine nature.
- The red colour symbolizes the Asana as it energies and makes the body strong and powerful.
- The orange colour symbolizes Pranayama (Breath regulation) which works at physical level and helps to increase oxygen supply to the brain. It also brings joy and happiness.
- The blue colour symbolizes Pratyahara (withdrawal of senses) & Dharana (Concentration) which promotes both physical and mental relaxation that leads to the higher level of state that is Dhyana.
- The violet colour symbolizes Dhyana (Meditation) which shows the state of cosmic awareness and cosmic consciousness. This is the union of body and soul creating a balance between our physical and spiritual energies.
- The indigo colour symbolizes Samadhi state which opens the consciousness and brings awareness to higher planes and connects us with the spiritual world.
- The yellow colour at the background shows great enthusiasm for life and can awaken greater confidence and optimism.
- At the bottom the sutra ‘Yogaschittvrittinirodha’ is the definition of Yoga given by Maharishi Patanjali, means “Yoga is cessation of mental modification” and leads to kaivalya which is the ultimate goal of Yoga.
About Yoga Certification Board
With the growing popularity of Yoga across the world, the demand for institutionally trained Yoga teachers/Yoga Instructors/Yoga Therapist is on rise. The Yoga Certification Board thus has a great role to play in catering to this rising demand.
Yoga Certification Board is established for certification of Yoga professionals and accreditation Institutions, prescribing syllabus for various levels of Yoga trainers and any such activities that may be considered necessary for promotion of Yoga. Professional assessment of these service providers are carried so as to certify the competencies so that user of the the service is assured of the skill sets possessed by the trainer.
- Yoga Certification Board was set up in March, 2018; started functioning from June, 2018
- Under aegis of Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga, Ministry of AYUSH, GoI
- Complete functional autonomy
- Secretary, Ministry of AYUSH – Chairperson of Yoga Certification Board
- Joint Secretary, Ministry of AYUSH – Vice Chairperson of Yoga Certification Board
- Representation from Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Ministry of Human Resource Development
- Representation of Accreditation expert, Legal expert and Yoga experts
- Secretariat of the Board- Headed by CEO, Yoga Certification Board, who is also Dircetor, MDNIY
- Four Committees with defined role constituted for smooth functioning Yoga Certification Board
- Committees are headed by eminent Yoga Gurus/ Academician
Objectives of Yoga Certification Board
- To promote Yoga as means to promote holistic health and human values
- To promote Yoga as a career skill
- To develop standards and parameters, assess competencies and certify Yoga Professionals for different levels
- To develp standards and parametes, assess competencies and Accreditation of Yoga Schools/Institutions/Centers
- To bring uniformity and standards in Yoga courses conducted across India and Globe
- To collaborate with national and international organistions for promotion of Yoga
Functions of the Committees
To steer overall development, implementation and supervision of the scheme and its outcome.
To look into all the technical aspects of academics, accreditation and certification
To look into examination, evaluation of Yoga professionals, assessment of Yoga Institutions for accreditation and all matters related to assessment