About Yoga Certification Board Logo
The Yoga Certification Board logo represents basic elements of internal purification for realising universal self through spiritual practices. The logo is designed on a white background representing the transcendental state and that can be attained with the practice of Ashtang Yoga and that leads to Samadhi. Here the eight leaves represent ‘eight limbs’ of Ashtang Yoga which is guided to a meaningful and purposeful life .
It has seven colour which represents Aura and Energy as healing elements.
The green colour symbolizes the Yama(Restraints)& Niyama(observance) which are present at the bottom of the logo. These are the foundation of the spiritual path which helps to transform human nature into a divine nature.
- The red colour symbolizes the Asana as it energies and makes the body strong and powerful.
- The orange colour symbolizes Pranayama (Breath regulation) which works at physical level and helps to increase oxygen supply to the brain. It also brings joy and happiness.
- The blue colour symbolizes Pratyahara (withdrawal of senses) & Dharana (Concentration) which promotes both physical and mental relaxation that leads to the higher level of state that is Dhyana.
- The violet colour symbolizes Dhyana (Meditation) which shows the state of cosmic awareness and cosmic consciousness. This is the union of body and soul creating a balance between our physical and spiritual energies.
- The indigo colour symbolizes Samadhi state which opens the consciousness and brings awareness to higher planes and connects us with the spiritual world.
- The yellow colour at the background shows great enthusiasm for life and can awaken greater confidence and optimism.
- At the bottom the sutra ‘Yogascittavrittinirodhah’ is the definition of Yoga given by Maharishi Patanjali, means “Yoga is cessation of mental modification” and leads to kaivalya which is the ultimate goal of Yoga.